Streets of New York is hiring: Kitchen Manager
Salary: The starting rate is negotiable depending on experience. Benefits are available, as this is a full-time position.
Summary of Position: The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food ordering, order verification, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the training of employees in connection with preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
- -Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- -Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- -Control food cost and usage by following proper ordering of products, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- -Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- -Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
*We do promote from within and several of our Kitchen Managers have advanced to the position of General Manager at our locations.